A Kibi Stainless Steel sink is a finely crafted fixture, comprised of the finest materials available. As a combination of 16-gauge thickness for immense durability, and type 304 steel for corrosion resistance and rustproofing, our sinks are incomparable. Like most other fine products, they do require light maintenance to continue optimal performance.
If you ever see white calcification on your sink surface it is generally the result of minerals in your local water supply. It can be easily wiped away using the prescribed cleaning methods below.
Stainless steel sinks should be rinsed and dried after each use, and wiped with a mild cleaner approximately once per week. We recommend Bio-Clean for cleaning all Kibi products.
- Lightly rinse and wipe down your sink after use. The Kibi dishtowel included with your sink is perfect for maintaining your fixture. Leaving standing water in the sink can cause discoloration.
- Once each week, use a mild, bleach free cleaner and a sponge to wipe your sink and remove any unseen buildup.
- For sanitation purposes, we recommend regularly disinfecting your sink with a light bleach solution, pre-packaged disinfectant wipes, or other mild anti-bacterial solutions. Ensure that you thoroughly rinse your sink to alleviate any residue or buildup.
- Have your water quality checked. Hard water can cause buildup that can break down the protective surface of your sink and cause rusting.
- Using metal scouring pads on your sink can not only cause rust and scratches, but can also lead to discoloring on your sink’s surface. Do not use metal scouring pads.
- Avoid placing a rubber mat on your sink bottom. It provides a perfect environment for cultivating harmful bacteria, which can not only instigate illness but can also tarnish your sink’s color and finish.
- Do not leave standing water in your sink, especially when it may contain strong staining pigments such as coffee or tea. Chlorine-based chemicals (such as bleach) should not be left in your sink, and should be heavily rinsed from the surface.
Care of Faucets
Your Kibi product is designed for a lifetime of use with light maintenance. Basic cleaning involves wiping the faucet with hot water and then drying. Regular attention will prevent buildup of stains and grime.
We do NOT recommend using any type of commercial household cleaner on our products. Variations in the chemical formulas of these products can make them harmful to your sink or faucet’s finish. We recommend Bio-Clean for cleaning all Kibi fixtures and accessories.
Kibi fully stands behind the integrity of its products. These recommended guidelines are meant to address the majority of maintenance concerns. Should you have further questions regarding the care of your Kibi USA product, contact any Kibi USA Authorized Dealer, or contact our Technical Support Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org